Thursday, September 3, 2009

alien toes?

My ADVENTUROUS sister in law, Hilary invited Corinne (sil) and I to hike Table Rock Mountain. All was great and fun until we ran in to 2 moose on the trail so we hiked up a little hill to let them pass by. Yes, we were scared but Hilary wasn't scared enough to let them just pass by. She got the moose all "huffy" by having to take the perfect picture of them. That's why I love Hilary--she is one daring woman! So this is the only picture I took of the whole 11 1/2 mile hike because my camera batteries went dead after this first picture. Go figure! But, yes we made it to the top and had a mostly great day!Black, Bloody TOES! This is what my alien toes (my most beautiful feature--NOT) looked like after going UP (5 3/4 miles) Table Rock Mountain and BACK DOWN (Another 5 3/4 miles)! Actually they were WAY worse looking until my dear, sweet husband "drilled" holes in my blackened toes by sterilizing a paperclip and poking through the nails and blood blisters to let the blood and puss out. YOUCHY! I am not in pain anymore but I have a weird sensation when I walk of my toenails lifting off the nail bed. Not too fun, but much better than the PAIN!




8 comments:

~Jamie said...

Great googalee moogalee that's gross! Sorry that looks painful!

Andi said...

OUCH!!!!!!!! I am hurting so bad for you right now! Did you pull a famous Jolene and wear 7-year old, $17 shoes??!

Anonymous said...

LOL, I'm laughing at Andi's comment about your shoes.

I'm so sorry that looks awful, poor Jo. I hope your feeling much better.

I'm proud of you for climbing the mountain, you are amazing!

holmesfamily8 said...

OUCH on your toes! You are brave soul to let Jeremy do that to you!

What a fun hike though!

Hoffmann Family said...

You poor thing. OUCH!

Takara said...

OWIE! That does look pretty painful! Good job on the hike though. I've never been up there.

Monica said...

Wow Jolene, way to go! That is a big accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Um, that sounds very painful. But I am very impressed with your hike!